Galena is Made for Fall Getaways!
When it comes to cozy, charming, and even romantic getaways in Illinois, no one does it better than our Galena Bed and Breakfast. This fall, there are so many incredible things to do in Galena, IL, and we can hardly wait to share them with you! In fact, we think Galena’s picture-perfect historic architecture is made for the stunning contrast of nature’s fall splash of color.
As much as Galena stays the same charming city you’ve come to know and love, it also manages to be something new and different each time you come, too. Whenever you visit, there are always plenty of new and exciting things to do in Galena, IL, too. From new attractions and events to shops and restaurants, we’d love to show you a different side of Galena every time you visit.
Of course, one thing that won’t change about your time in Galena is the experience you’ll have at our Galena Bed and Breakfast. Celebrate the changing of the seasons with us this fall, and return home with unforgettable memories to cherish for a lifetime. Book your room at our Bed and Breakfast in Galena today!
The Best Things to do in Galena IL This Fall
Galena is undeniably beautiful in the fall, and it’s a great time to visit. There really is an endless number of things to do in Galena, IL, in the fall! The daytime temperatures are a bit more enjoyable than the summer highs, and the cool crisp evenings are perfect for curling up and enjoying some cozy, romantic time in our suites.
Just beyond your window, the trees will put on a spectacular show, just for you! As the vibrant hues of fall come into full focus, you’ll be renewed and ready to experience even more of the great thing to do in Galena, IL, this fall!
There sure is a wide variety of things to do in Galena, IL, this fall for such a small town. Enjoying fall foliage is certainly at the top of our list – and there are several ways to do just that – but another favorite of ours is attending the many events around town. Fall is shaping up to be pretty great in Galena, and we’ve compiled a list of our favorite things to do in Galena, IL, below.
- Get out and explore the Galena River Trail either on foot or by bike. It’s one of our favorite trails to explore, and it’s just stunning during fall. You can ride it from Jail Hill Inn all the way out to Chestnut Mountain Resort.
- Take a scenic chairlift ride at Chestnut Mountain Resort, where you’ll find a breathtaking view of the Mississippi River.
- Take a hike – it’s arguably one of the most beautiful things to do in Galena, IL, in the fall, and there is no shortage of options! Choose from one of the many Jo Daviess Conservation Foundation properties, head to Apple River Canyon or Mississippi River Palisades State Parks, or plan a truly unique adventure with our friends at Hoof It Galena.
- Each fall, the drive into Galena itself is one of our favorite things to do in Galena, IL, but it’s not the only scenic drive worth taking in the area. Hit the roads, and enjoy plenty of stunningly vibrant rural scenery at every bend.
- Take to the skies and enjoy fall’s beautiful foliage from a hot air balloon. Hot air ballooning is a fantastic way to appreciate the beauty of Galena and the surrounding countryside truly.
- Another fun aerial adventure to consider is ziplining with Long Hollow Canopy Tours. You’ll get an up-close and personal view of Galena’s colorful foliage and will have a blast while doing it!
- Fall is harvest season, of course, so what better time to do a bit of tasting while you’re in town? Great places to visit include the Galena Brewing Company, Potosi Brewery, Galena Cellars Winery, Massbach Ridge Winery, Rocky Waters Winery, Fergedaboutit Winery, and even the spirits at Blaum Bros. Distillery.
- Walk through the streets of downtown Galena, admiring the charming shops and historic architecture, all surrounded by plenty of picturesque fall foliage. It’s hard to beat a walk through Galena on a brisk fall day – there’s a reason it’s one of our favorite things to do in Galena, IL!
- As the fall bird migration gets underway, enjoy some birdwatching along the Great River Road.
- Join us for one of the many great events in Galena this fall, including the annual Cemetary Walk, Galena Cellars Fall Harvest, Oktoberfest, the Galena Country Fair, the Halloween Parade & Festival, the 37th Annual Nouveau Weekend, and so much more.
One of the Best Places to Stay in Galena IL
There’s a reason Jail Hill Inn is rated as one of the best places to stay in Galena, IL. It starts with our luxurious guest rooms and attentive service. It extends to our sensational breakfasts, hand-delivered to your suites as desired, and our extensive wine and appetizer trays on offer each afternoon. We really have thought of everything, and staying here should be at the absolute top of your list of things to do in Galena, IL, this fall.
As much as there is to enjoy outside in Galena this fall, there’s even more to enjoy about staying at this irresistible Bed and Breakfast in Galena. Share a glass or two of wine, curl up in front of the cozy fireplace, customize the music coming from your Bluetooth sound system, dim the lights, and relish the cozy softness of our custom Frette robes. It’s the perfect place to get romantic – and it’ll leave you with a lasting impression of beautiful Galena.
What’s more, with just 6 guest rooms on offer, you’ll practically feel as though you have the place to yourself. From the moment you arrive at our doorstep, you’ll see why Jail Hill Inn is top when it comes to places to stay in Galena, IL. With every detail of your stay attended to, you may not want to leave the comfort of our cozy guest roos this fall. There’s nothing wrong with that! What are you waiting for? Book your room at our #1-rated Galena Bed and Breakfast today!